Hereby, the arts organization ARKTIK – Institute for the Future is inviting everyone interested to participate in creating the video content related to the forth, and final, topic of this year’s part of the project “Let Them Eat Cake!”. Fourth phase of the project is aimed at raising public awareness of the moral aspect of the vegan lifestyle and the importance of animal protection.
Video submission deadline and technical details
- it is necessary to film a horizontal video with your own mobile phone or camera while making something in the kitchen (baking cakes, unleavened bread, preparing traditional dish, making tea or are just pretending to do so) while singing or saying texts (by yourself or other authors)
- texts should be thematically related to World Vegan Day, and they can be literary works, philosophical or your own thoughts
- the duration of the video is not limited in time nor is the number of different videos you can submit to this open public call
- the video must be sent via the large file sharing services (WeTransfer, mobile app Collect, Google Drive, Dropbox…) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- subject of the e-mail: “Let Them Eat Cake! – video”
- along with the video, it is necessary to send information about yourself (name, surname, location, mobile number), information about the author of the text and, if desired, the recipe of the dish that is prepared in the video
- video submission deadline for the video inspired by the World Vegan Day is October 29th
After receiving the videos created by interested participants, video associates of the ARKTIK – Institute for the Future will create a short film that will include selected works, which most successfully or most interestingly present and raise awareness of the topic of each international day. Those works that will be included in the film will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $50. Participants are free to submit multiple videos, and will be rewarded for each video that is part of the final film relating to a particular international or world day. Videos that are not part of the film will be posted on the project’s YouTube channel, with the prior permission of the participants, free of charge. The project ends with the online presentation of four short films, each thematically related to one of the four world days covered by this project.
*The organizers reserve the right to reduce the reward in case of not using the complete submitted video or audio materials in accordance with the organizer’s assessment.
“Art Accessible to Everyone”
With this project, the arts organization ARKTIK – Institute for the Future reaches a wide audience because of the content that is a combination of cooking and nutrition as a general interest, and art and activist topics that society and the media should always deal with more.
The “Let Them Eat Cake” project is part of the “Art Accessible to Everyone” initiative, which allows artists to present their work regardless of their academic background and without discrimination based on the number of previous exhibition places in the biography or age of the artist, adhering exclusively to the impact of the theme of the project and the intrigue of the concept. The ARKTIK art organization continuously supports the innovative and proactive participation of the audience in the creation of the contemporary art scene, regardless of the financial status of the individual. The ARKTIK art organization believes that art must be accessible to everyone. More about the “Art Available to All” initiative can be found at uds.arktik.eu.
The project is created with the support of the Ministry of Culture, Republic of Croatia.
The project is part of the “Art Accessible to Everyone” initiative.
To learn more about past phases of the project which covered issues such as illiteracy, world peace and status of rural women around the world visit video gallery at the link http://let-them-eat-cake.arktik.eu/en/category/videogallery/.